Friday, January 18, 2013

Ah, how the time goes.

I've unearthed some stuff from my first year at CalArts, and uploaded six new videos to my Vimeo.

This gem is from my first semester, and was my first time working with hinged cut-out puppets. I had done back-lit shadow puppet cut-outs before, but this was a little more audacious for me. It was a lot of fun, but I think it came out pretty flat. I would love to try some forced perspective stuff with a multiplane system.

Looking back at these videos I realize how much I've learned in such a comparatively short amount of time. I can't believe how fast my years at CalArts are going... hopefully I can continue to make the most of it.



Speaking of which, our extremely talented character animators held their annual gallery show last night, which consisted of gorgeous work surrounding a mob of people lined up for their free caricatures. Here is my face as depicted by the hilarious Yon Hui:


I can't believe how quick and effortlessly this and many others came out. Well done, Character! I can't wait for what you have in store for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment